- The name of the club shall be “Pennine Owners Club”, hereinafter known as the club.
- To provide social and leisure activities for the mutual enjoyment and benefits to Pennine Folding Camper owners.
- To provide opportunities for the exchange of information and to provide practical assistance with all models of folding campers.
- Full membership shall be available to all owners of a Pennine Folding Camper or any hybrid unit manufactured by the Pennine Leisure Group after 2005.
- A Pennine Member who ceases to own a Pennine unit can remain a member until the expiry of their current year only.
- A member can only have one guest unit per year by request to the committee. THE GUEST CAN ATTEND A RALLY HELD USING THE CLUBS EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE, ISSUED BY DEFRA, UNDER THE CARAVAN SITES AND CONTROL DEVELOPMENT ACT 1960. A guest can only attend one rally a year.
- If any member behaves in a manner which, in the opinion of the committee, brings or is likely to bring the club into disrepute, shall be given one warning, and if failing to act appropriately shall cease to be a member with no return of subscription. Any appeal shall be in writing to the committee. Any appeal shall be, in writing, to the committee within 21 working days of the withdrawal of membership.
- An administration fee, of such sum as the Club agrees at the Annual General Meeting, AGM, shall from time to time be payable, in addition to the subscription fee.
- Application to become a member requires acceptance to abide by the Rules of the Club.
- An annual subscription, of such as the club shall agree at the AGM, shall be due to be paid annually based on the date of joining the club.
- Any member whose subscription remains unpaid one calendar month after the renewal date shall be deemed to have resigned their membership.
- A 6 metre rule between units applies at ALL MEETS. 6 metres means canvas to canvas, or fire hazard, no concessions will be allowed to this rule.
- All units must have a fire bucket, containing water, situated outside their unit. All members should be encouraged to carry a fire extinguisher in their units or cars.
- The speed on all meets will be 5m.p.h., and in the interests of safety to all members will be enforced.
- All pets to be kept on a lead and exercised off site if possible, and all mess must be cleaned up immediately.
- The 11p.m. rule applies. No noise between the hours of 11p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Cycling on site will be allowed at the stewards/committee discretion.
- Generators are allowed at stewards/committee discretion.
- In compliance with the Data Protection Act, if any member objects to their membership details being held on computer, then these details will be erased and maintained manually. All Data stored will be used solely for the purposes of managing the club and it’s activities.
- Many sites have rules which vary from the above, especially relating to the quiet time in rule 16. The sites own rules will take precedence where they are more onerous than the Club rules.
- The management of the Club shall be vested in a Committee which shall comprise the officers below, together with any other appointments which shall, from time to time, be decided by those present at the AGM, and at present consists of: Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Membership Secretary, Magazine Editor, Sites Officer, IT Manager. Eligibility to sit on the committee shall be one year's membership in the club with the exception of Chairman. Eligibility to progress to Chairman shall be two years on the Committee.
- The Committee may, at their discretion, create other or amend existing appointments and the committee to fill these appointments. Such appointments shall be subject to ratification at the next Annual General Meeting.
- In the absence of the Chairman the Committee shall nominate one of their members to act as chairman.
- All Officers and other members of the Committee shall be eligible for, and subject to election at the Annual General Meeting.
- Any Officer not wishing to be elected for a further term of office, shall notify their intentions to the Secretary at least one calendar month before the Annual General Meeting.
- Except as authorised by members in General Meeting, no person may hold more than two posts at any one time.
- A General Meeting shall be held at least once during each calendar year for the purpose of electing Officers and Committee, appointing an Auditor, receiving the Committee reports, approving accounts and to transact such other business as may be necessary of which due notice has been received in accordance with rule 8 below.
- A minimum of 30 days notice shall be given of the date, time and venue of a General Meeting, but failure of any members to receive such notice shall not invalidate the proceedings at such meeting.
- Any member wishing to introduce any special business at a General Meeting, shall give 15 days notice, in writing to the Secretary, stating the nature of the special business and forwarding the notice a copy of any motion which is desired to propose; and the Secretary shall enter as a separate item on the agenda.
- A quorum at a General Meeting shall comprise 10% of paid up members, due notice having been given in accordance with rule 8 as above.
- If a quorum is not attained at a General Meeting, it will be re-convened at a time to be agreed by the Committee and will be notified by rule 8 above.
- All paid up members may attend a General Meeting and are encouraged to do so.
- For the purposes of voting at a General Meeting, a maximum of 2 persons per unit can vote.
- Postal proxy votes must be received by the Secretary 15 days prior to the General Meeting. Nominations for Officers/Committee can be taken at the meeting or by proxy. All nominations to b e proposed and seconded at the Meeting.
- Voting shall be by show of hands, or if decided by the Chairman of the meeting by Ballot. In the event of a tie, the Chairman of the meeting shall exercise a casting vote.
- If present, the President (if nominated) shall, initially, Chair the General Meeting but shall hand over the conduct of the meeting to the Chairman or (if not present) the nominated acting chairman.
- The Secretary shall keep minutes of the proceedings, particularly noting proposer and seconder of each nomination or motion. The minutes of a General Meeting shall be published in the next newsletter, or in such other edition to be decided by the Committee.
- Upon requisition to the Secretary, in writing and signed by a minimum of 5 members the chairman shall convene, as soon as is practicable, an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Club.
- Meetings of the Committee shall be held at least 3 times each year, one of which may be at the AGM.
- The Secretary shall keep minutes of proceedings, unless otherwise decided by the Committee which shall be circulated to all members of the Committee as soon as is practicable after the meeting.
- A quorum at the meeting of the Committee shall comprise four members of whom a minimum of two shall be officers of the Club.
DISSOLUTION OF THE CLUB
- The Treasurer shall receive all subscriptions from the Membership Secretary, and other monies received by the Club. All such monies, except for Petty Cash, shall be held in a Bank Account, in the name of the Club, as may from time to time, be authorised by the Committee.
- Cheques shall be signed in accordance with resolution passed by the Committee, subject to two signatures of un-related persons. One signature should normally be that of the Treasurer.
- The Treasurer shall prepare expenditure and receipt accounts for each year, ending three months before the Annual General Meeting and such accounts shall be audited by the appointed Auditor and agreed at the Annual General Meeting.
- In the event of the Club ceasing to function, the Committee shall wind up its affairs and the remaining funds donated to a charity chosen by the Committee.